Job Title: First Team Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Reporting To: First Team Manager and Club Chairman
Location: The club’s stadium and 3G complex at Cheshunt Football Club, Theobalds Lane, Cheshunt, Herts, EN8 8RU. Due to the nature of the post, travel to all First Team fixtures and friendlies throughout the Southeast region will be required.
Hours: Part time in accordance with the First Team training and fixture schedule
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience. There is the opportunity to become the main club physio/sports therapist and set up a private practice from the club’s facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To provide physiotherapy /sports therapy services to all players.
- To be responsible for pitch-side assessment and treatment of players during training and matches.
- To promote and protect the health and well-being of all players.
- To monitor and assess all players for their fitness and injury status to train or play.
- To assess, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate all injuries to ensure a full return to training.
- To communicate injury status, rehabilitation strategies and return to training projections to the management team.
- To maintain accurate and updated medical records of all First Team players.
- To provide medical assessment and rehabilitation for all teams and players at Cheshunt Football Club including the Senior Women’s team, Youth Section, Inclusive teams and Walking Football teams.
- Degree level qualification in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy
- Registered with the Health Professions Council or alternate appropriate registered body with accompanying insurance
- Valid first aid qualification
- Good communication skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Availability to work evenings and on Saturdays
- Previous experience of working n sport/with spots teams
To apply for this job role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Cheshunt Football Club is an award winning community football club based in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. The senior men’s team competes in the Isthmian Premier (step 3) of the football league pyramid.
Matches are played in our 2,000-capacity stadium with training on our adjoining 3G complex. Planning permission was recently granted for a major redevelopment of the ground to provide a new stadium and sports village (read more here).
The club was formed around 1880 and was re-established after the war in 1946. It has grown to become one of the leading football clubs in the Borough of Broxbourne in terms of the number and range of teams provided and the facilities offered. The Club has over 40 teams playing under the Cheshunt FC banner, ranging from the senior male and female teams to the grass roots youth, disability and walking football teams.
The club is an accredited Disability Confident Committed employer, is a hub for local business and community organisations too and participates in the wider promotion of sport within the community.
The club lives by its motto ‘One Community. One Club.’