Herts FA Women's Challenge Cup 3rd Round Sun 21 November Cheshunt Stadium
Colney Heath Ladies

With the winter finally rolling in and the temperature dropping, the two sides took a while to warm up in the match and the visitors should have been ahead in the opening ten minutes when a deep corner went all the way to the back post for one of the Conley Heath forwards was completely miss the target from three yards out. The hosts started to get into the game but missing the final pass to open the visitors defence. On 15th minutes the hosts thought they had a penalty as  Karesha went over in the box from a challenge from the Conley Heath goalkeeper and the ref said no. The hosts Cheshunt made it 1-0 on 31 minutes when a lovely pass from Victoria Wotton found Fran Gamble on the edge of the box, her lay off found Karesha to shoot over the head of the goalkeeper and into the back of the net. Then during injury time the visitors made it 1-1 when a corner wasn’t cleared and the ball went to the edge of the box, to fall to Christina Freestone to score.

The hosts started well after the break, and again missing that pass to open the visitors defence. There was a long delay ,as one of the Conley Heath players receive treatment after a collision with an Cheshunt player. After the game restarted, the visitors started to control the game and some last ditch defending stopped the visitors scoring. With 20 minutes to go the visitors made it 2-1 after on of the Cheshunt players handed in the penalty box and the ref pointed to the spot. Lucy Hancock scored and Sarah Walker got a hand on it but couldn’t keep it out. With minutes 10 left Cheshunt was looking for an equaliser and came close to scoring a long shot from Fran Gamble was well saved by the visitors goalkeeper. The next big  chance came to the hosts and a lovely team move found Karesha on the edge of the box her turn and shot was well saved by the visitors goalkeeper. Full Time Score Cheshunt 1 Conley Heath 2.


Alessandro Morreale.