National League South Sat 15 October Vauxhall Road
Hemel Hempstead
  • Harris (80')
After a record-equaling run of ten consecutive league defeats, Craig Edwards battling Ambers came away with a three points in a tight Hertfordshire derby.
New defender Lewis Hobbs was the only change from the side that were unlucky to lose the week before at Chelmsford. It was a tight first half with keeper Joe Rose pulling off save after save to deny the home side a lead, with one effort from Dara Dada bringing applause from all sides of Vauxhall Road. Cheshunt responded with two breaks, one shot from Brandon Adams and another combination between Chris Harris and Reece Beckles-Richards, both of which Craig King blocked.
The second half started with a surprise break, leaving Harris with only King to beat but again King saved. Little followed for the next 20 minutes apart from two shots over the bar from Joe Re and Luke Warner-Eley.  Edwards then swapped Adams for Rowan Liburd up front in an attempt to break the deadlock and within minutes he shot just wide. Tudors fans were in uproar moments later when Brooklyn Ilunga burst into the box, going over only for Referee Rob Ablett to wave play on.
With ten minutes to go, Cheshunt responded with an attack leading to a corner to the far post. Hobbs stretched brilliantly to head back into the six yard box which defender Jack Westbrook couldn’t reach. Rowan Liburd & Chris Harris threw themselves towards the ball central in the box, with Harris making the contact to head Cheshunt into the lead, sending the Cheshunt fans into wild celebrations.
Joe Rose performed heroics as Hemel piled on the pressure, seeking an equaliser but when Jordan Greenidge headed into the side netting deep into added time, the visitors breathed a sigh of relief knowing thier long awaited victory and three valuable points were secure.
Cheshunt – Rose, Cracknell, Warner-Eley, Camara, McKenzie, Hobbs, Beckles-Richards, Re, Harris, Adams (Liburd 66), Newton (Golding 80).
Unused substitutes – Edwards, Ekongo, Martins