Isthmian League Premier Division Tue 30 January Cheshunt Stadium
  • Nwachuku (35', 90')
Potters Bar Town
  • Adams (12', 45')
  • Gebrai (77')
  • Hayles (90')

Craig Edwards named an unchanged team for this fixture, but he was forced to make a late change as Solomon Baugh was injured in the warmup. The winger was replaced by Vas Vasiliou.


The opening minutes were very end to end with attacks at both ends, six minutes in Temi Baballola’s improvised pass allowed Brandon Adams to get a strike away but it was saved well. Babalola then powered down the right wing and picked out David Hicks on the edge of the box who fired wide of the mark,


It didn’t take too long for Potters Bar to break the deadlock, Brandon Adams picked up the ball on the edge of the box and struck one right into the bottom corner to put the hosts into the lead.


After the goal, the hosts began to threaten a lot more. Cheshunt went close as Chevron McLean put a brilliant ball into the box from the left but no one in an Amber shirt was there to tap it home. Craig Edwards’ side went even closer just minutes later as Saturday’s man of the match Isiah Noel-Williams’ effort hit the bar and went away.


A great ball in behind the Bar defence from Nathaniel Orafu put Vas Vasiliou in on goal, before he could shoot, he was brought down by Rylee Mitchell in the Potters Bar goal and the referee pointed to the spot. Nnamdi stepped up and placed the penalty past the keeper down to his left.


Potters Bar almost levelled it up straight away as Joe Rose misjudged the ball leaving Brandon Adams an open goal from a tight angle but he fired wide. The Ambers almost scored again as goal scorer Nnamdi Nwachuku tried an audacious effort form the edge of the box. His strike looked like it was heading for the top right corner, but it smashed off the crossbar for a second time in the match.


A superb double save from Rylee Mitchell denied the Ambers from taking the lead. A great strike from distance a brilliant close-range save from Vas Vasiliou kept it level.


However, it didn’t stay level for long. Brandon Adams put his side back in the lead just before half time. The striker found himself in space inside the box after a swift counterattack, he placed it through the onrushing Joe Rose’s legs and into the back of the net.


HT: 1-2


Craig Edwards made a change in defence at half time with Samuel Kuffour replacing Billy Bates.


There were opportunities for both sides in the opening five minutes. David Hicks’s volley from the edge of the box after a corner was saved well by Joe Rose. Jimmy Wallace also had a shot on target saved after a ball in from Taylor Miles.


The first big chance of the half fell to Nathaniel Orafu. After some great play down the right, Finlay Tichmarsh whipped a cross into the box. The cross was met by Orafu who rose the highest, but his header went straight into the arms of Mitchell.


On the hour mark, Taylor Miles was replaced by Jamie Reynolds meaning Isiah-Noel Williams moved centrally. He put a couple of decent crosses in but there was no one on the end of them for the Ambers.


The Cheshunt comeback was dealt a major goal as Samrai Gebrai picked up the ball outside the box, he hit a brilliant curling effort right into the top right corner. Joe Rose had no chance in the Cheshunt net.


Nnamdi Nwachuku scored again giving his side hope with additional time to go, he rose highest to a Vas Vasiliou corner from the left. Cheshunt’s hopes opes of another comeback didn’t last long as defender Rickie Hayles made the most of a corner to make it 4-2 and put the game to bed. A disappointing night for the Ambers.


FT: 2-4