One community. One club.


20 Jan 2019


Cheshunt FC and Bracknell Town were forced to settle for a share of the spoils as two of the league’s top four played out an entertaining 1-1 draw.
Bracknell captain Dave Hancock gave the hosts a first-half lead, before Jason Hallett levelled after the break, with neither side able to convert their opportunities for a winner.
Cheshunt Manager Craig Edwards cut a frustrated figure after the game, and said: “Overall I was disappointed, I didn’t think we played well today. We worked very hard, but in the second-half we lost our shape a little and our discipline went out of the window in the last 20 minutes.
“But I think we’re unfortunate not to win the game. If there’s more of a stonewall penalty than we were denied I haven’t seen it. The linesman gave it, there’s about 300 people here and everyone of them must have thought it was a penalty.”
It was the Ambers who started the game the brightest, and Jason Hallett should have broken the deadlock as he found himself through on goal, but Bracknell’s Chris Grace made an excellent one-on-one save.
Bracknell then started to stamp their authority on the game, and but for Cheshunt shot-stopper Harry Girling would have taken the lead.
First, Liam Ferdinand’s drive across goal was saved excellently by Girling, before he got the slightest fingertip on Joe Grant’s low effort to tip it behind.
Cheshunt then had very strong appeals for a penalty waved away. Chris Grace dallied on the ball inside his own box and lost out to Brian Moses who then went down under the ‘keeper’s challenge, however the referee waved play on.
Just moments later, Bracknell were able to switch the ball upfield and right-back Dave Hancock fired the ball low past Harry Girling to give the hosts the lead.
The hosts came agonisingly close to doubling their lead five minutes after the interval, as Liam Ferdinand crossed low to Ash Artwell who failed to fully connect inside the six-yard box, as Girling saved.
The best move of the match then saw Jason Hallett head home his fifth goal in six games, as the ball was worked to Yvan Jourdan who whipped in a devastating cross which Hallett powered past Grace.
Jourdan then had a chance himself to score, as he was picked out by a terrific crossfield pass from Joe Re, but the midfielder shot wide on the half-volley.
As the game opened up, Bracknell were the next to come close. Joe Gater’s back post header from Joel Jacobs’ corner hit the base of the upright, before the Robins recycled possession and Ferdinand forced an excellent save from Girling.
Ferdinand had a great chance to regain Bracknell’s advantage with just over 10 minutes remaining as he was picked out in the box by Harrison Bayley, but he could only shoot wide.
The final chance fell to Cheshunt in injury time, as Hallett sent Brian Moses through on goal, but he sliced his shot high and wide as he bore down on goal.
Bracknell Town: Grace, Hancock ©, Jacobs, Bayley, Day, Gater, Artwell, McClurg, Grant (Moore 84), Ferdinand, Cowan (Cornell 75). Unused subs: Parsons, Davies, Hathaway.
Cheshunt FC: Girling, Casey, Adamson, Jourdan (Bruno 79), McKenzie ©, Kendall, Westcott, Hogan, Hallett, Moses, Re. Unused subs: Symons, Sanusi, Conte.
MOTM: Harry Girling
Attendance: 252


Back +

Get in touch

Cheshunt FC Shirt and Club sponsors