One community. One club.


21 Apr 2019



A fine strike from Jason Hallett, and a double by Taylor Miles ensured Cheshunt secured their place in the playoffs, on a blisteringly hot and humid afternoon in front of a 175 strong crowd at Theobalds Lane.

Craig Edwards made two changes from the Ambers last league outing, with Taylor Miles and Joe Re coming in for Jordan Westcott and Connor Hogan.

The game got underway in blistering conditions and both sides came flying out of the traps early on. The first chance fell to the Woods inside the first 60 seconds, Alex Witham and Zaied Sabti linking up well, and the latter skewed his early shot wide. Next it was the hosts turn to attack, Shane Cojocarel found a pocket of space and threaded the ball through to Jason Hallett, who let the ball run across him before unleashing a superb effort low into the bottom right corner past Caolan Doyle to give the Ambers the lead inside two minutes. Soon after, Northwood had yet another chance, Jabir Labara found himself one on one with Harry Girling, but the forward could only hit the woodwork when clean through. The first half then petered out a little with the heat taking its toll on both sides patterns of play. Joe Re and Jason Hallett both saw snapshots hit just over the bar for the hosts. As the game was approaching half time, the Ambers started to grab a hold of the game, Brian Moses had a shot superbly saved by Doyle, and then the rebound header from Jason Hallett was excellently cleared off the line by Dan Newton. Shortly after, the Ambers did get the second goal that they had been craving, Taylor Miles robbed Sam Jenkins, and then cut in and unleashed a superb effort into the top right corner to double the Ambers lead. 2-0, 43 Mins

HT – Cheshunt 2-0 Northwood

The start of the second half was nowhere as near as quick as the first, with the first real action coming in the 55th minute, when a Northwood corner found the head of Dan Newton, but his flick flew wide of Girling’s right hand post. Jason Hallett and Mark Hughes then both had headed opportunities for the hosts, with them each warming the keeper. Jordan Westcott was next to try his luck for the hosts, fizzing a first time strike just wide of the post. The second half then looked as if it would peter out, but Cheshunt substitute, Ashley Nzala showed tricky footwork, and he was brought down by Dan Newton, for Taylor Miles to step up and calmly slot the penalty into the bottom left corner to seal Cheshunt’s place in the playoffs. Northwood should’ve been on the scoreboard in added time however, when Alex Witham’s flicked header seemed to be destined from the corner, but Harry Girling superbly got back and clawed the effort out of the goal in the last action of the game.

FT – Cheshunt 3-0 Northwood

Back +

Get in touch

Cheshunt FC Shirt and Club sponsors