One community. One club.


19 Oct 2019


Muhammadu Faal was too hot to handle for Cheshunt as his double secured not only three points, but local bragging rights for Enfield Town, at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium on Saturday, with a Marc Weatherstone own goal pulling Cheshunt level or just 50 seconds, before Faal struck the killer blow early in the second half.
The Ambers made two changes from their midweek defeat to league leaders, Folkestone Invicta, with Dan Akindayini coming in for his first start for the club, while Sammy Collins drops to the bench, while Emmanuel Udoji made his debut, in place of Ambrose Gnahore.
The game got underway on a blistery afternoon in North London, with the hosts taking the game to Cheshunt from the off, Mark Hughes had to be alert in midfield to thwart an Enfield counter with a great challenge, while Ryan Blackman was pulling all the strings for Town in midfield and causing Cheshunt plenty of issues whenever he picked up the ball. Mo Camara was Cheshunt’s main dangerman, with a Freddy Moncur corner meeting his free head, but Nathan McDonald plucked it out the air with relative ease.
Sam Youngs was also testing Cheshunt, with Girling having to save well from The hosts winger, McDonald was being tested by Dipo Akinyemi, with the striker having two fierce shots dealt with by McDonald, however Enfield were not to be denied for much longer, as with half an hour gone they took the lead, the ball was bouncing around in the box and Faal reacted quickest, prodding the ball eventually over the line as Enfield took the lead! (1-0 30mins). The last chance of the half fell to the visitors, and excellent footwork by Camara, wasn’t matched by the finish as his effort was lashed over, with it being the last action of the half too.
HT – Enfield Town 1-0 Cheshunt

A half time substation for Cheshunt, as it was one Ola for another, as Williams was replaced by Abitogun as Cheshunt aimed to combat the joy Enfield were getting down the right. Whatever Craig Edwards said to the visitors at half time must’ve worked as within two minutes of the restart, they were level, Akindayini got away down the right and fizzed in a low cross, with Marc Weatherstone diverting past his own goalkeeper to bring Cheshunt back level! (1-1 47 mins.)
The Ambers joy was short lived however, as 50 seconds later, Blackman broke away and his effort came back off Girling, but Faal was there to tap home his and Enfield’s second, and give the hosts their lead back! (2-1 49 mins).
Enfield weren’t done there and went in search of killing the game off, Billy Bricknell and Ken Charles having the hosts best two chances, the former drawing a top save out of Girling, and the latter, somehow firing over from two yards out with an unguarded net at his mercy! The Ambers had one final chance, with Dan Akindayini cutting inside his marker and smashing one off the palms of McDonald, which proved to be the last action, of this thrilling local derby.

Back +

Get in touch

Cheshunt FC Shirt and Club sponsors