One community. One club.


10 Nov 2018


Cheshunt FC slipped to their first defeat since 2nd October as they were defeated 3-1 by Hanwell Town.

Harvey Killeen had a hand in all the hosts’ goals as he struck a brace and assisted Tom Collins, with Mark Hughes’ goal for Cheshunt ultimately in vain.

A frustrated Craig Edwards commented, “I was reasonably pleased with our first-half performance, but once again in the last third we didn’t have a cutting edge.

“Their first two goals were both a result of poor forward play from us. We’ve not capitalised on our possession, in which I felt we were the better side, and our poor forward play has also cost us goals which is unacceptable.”

It was Cheshunt who started the brightest, with Mark Hughes and Asher Silverman both forcing Hanwell shot-stopper Aaron Buftan into action.

The Ambers continued to dominate proceedings, with Hughes almost getting on the end of a terrific Yvan Jourdan cross which fizzed across the six-yard box.

The hosts forced Harry Girling into action for the first time in the second-half as he saved well, before Cheshunt countered and Jourdan slipped in Tobias Aromolaran, however Buftan was quick off his line to make the stop.

Aromolaran came close just a minute later, as his effort from a tight angle was pushed away by Buftan.

Hanwell then took the lead against the run of play, as Harvey Killeen’s ball ran to Tom Collins who fired in a terrific finish over Girling and into the far corner.

The visitors couldn’t believe they hadn’t drawn level with 20 minutes remaining, Al-Hafeez Sanusi’s header being bundled off the line, before Guiseppe Re had an effort saved by Buftan from point blank range.

With 10 minutes remaining Cheshunt deservedly drew level, Ali Cheranti having his strike saved by Buftan, before Mark Hughes was on hand to tap home the rebound.

The scores were level for less than two minutes as the hosts regained their lead, Tom Collins and Gareth Chendlik both hitting the post, with the Cheshunt defence unable to clear, allowing Harvey Killeen to scramble the ball home.

With time running out Hanwell secured the three points, Louis Bircham knocking Wayne Carter’s cross back across the goal to Killeen who slotted home from close range.

Hanwell Town: Buftan, Catheline, Danquah, Duffy ©, McKain, Paul, Bircham, Rush, Chendlik, Collins (Carter 86), Killeen. Unused subs: Mars, Nair, Pickford (GK).
Cheshunt FC: Girling, Casey, Adamson, Hughes ©, McKenzie, Kendall, Re (Cheranti 78), Silverman, Aromoloran (Sanusi 55), Jourdan (Woods-Garness 69), Bruno. Unused subs: Musaj, Symon.

MOTM: Harvey Killeen
Attendance: 103

Back +

Get in touch

Cheshunt FC Shirt and Club sponsors