The Ambers Matchday Programme





Good Afternoon and welcome to Cheshunt Stadium for the final time of what has been a most memorable season.

We would especially like to welcome the players, Officials and supporters of our old friends and rivals, Bishops Stortford.

The Blues last visit came just before Christmas in the FA Trophy when George Marsh was our Hero of the hour, saving the final penalty in the shoot out to put the Ambers through 4-3 following a 0-0 draw.

Supporters please note that the Herts Senior Cup final against Hadley to be played on Wednesday 20th April has had a change of venue. It will now be played at Potters Bar Town’s Parkfield ground.

This is the last Programme of the season and the last programme to be edited by Howard Bailey, who has decided to step down from that role. I would like to thank Howard for all his efforts in editing it – both the paper and online versions – over the past seven seasons, particularly in the initial months following the untimely death of his predecessor, Alex Kalinic, in 2015. 

We have been able to secure the Fanzone Bar until the end of the season, please make use of it through the afternoon (weather permitting) The more it gets used, the more we can work with the brewery on similar initiatives.

Today is the day to vote for your player of the season, look out for voting slips in the sports bar.

Enjoy the game and enjoy the summer and see you all next season


Please note Cheshunt FC operates a No Dogs policy. (except Assistance Dogs)

You are responsible for your own children on the site, unless they are participating in an organised event at the site with qualified staff.

On This Day..........

Waysider has delved into his archives to come up with previous Cheshunt results on this day.  How many do you remember?

On this day 18th April

Year Opposition Competition Ven Attn Res Cheshunt scorers
1949 Eton Manor Res London Div 1 H 3-2 Cowie 3.
1950 Tilbury London League A 1-3 Ferguson.
1953 Hemel Hempstead Delphian League A 0-3
1955 Bishops Stortford Delphian League A 1-3 Dennis.
1959 Barkingside London League H 3-3 McGuinnes 2,Spiller.
1963 Crown & Manor Spartan League A 3-3 Hill 2,Roebuck.
1964 Kingsbury Town Spartan League H 3-0 Roebuck 2,Lock.
1970 Harwich & Parkeston Athenian League A 1-1 Davidson.
1972 Maidenhead Utd Athenian League H 0-0
1974 Hornchurch Athenian League A 2-1 Berryman,Dillon.
1978 Epsom & Ewell Isthmian Div 2 H 2-1 Kiff 2.
1981 Hemel Hempstead Isthmian Div 2 A 1-3 Eason.
1987 Tring Town Isthmian Div 2 North H 0-2
1988 Redhill Spartan League A 2-1 Kelly,Prutton.
1989 Walthamstow Pennant Spartan League A 2-0 Fowler,Prutton.
1992 Croydon Athletic Spartan League H 1-0 Smith.
1995 Ware Isthmian Div 2 A 126 3-1 McGuire,Pearce,Reid.
1998 Marlow Isthmian Div 2 A 130 1-3 S-Menzies.
2002 Hoddesdon Roy Bailey Trophy H 3-0 Adams,Beattie,Cox.
2009 Brentwood Town Isthmian Div 1 North H 157 1-3 Edwards.
2015 Romford Isthmian  Div 1N H 171 0-1


News From The Boardroom

Chairman Dean Williamson

A warm welcome to everyone for what is our last home game of the season. Today we welcome the players, committee and supporters of Bishops Stortford, who have enjoyed a great season so far.

On reflection we too have had a fantastic season, reaching the last 16 of the FA Trophy and coming into the final week with still everything to play for. A play off place is in reach in our first full season in the Isthmian Premier, and we have a county cup final to look forward to on Wednesday too. It’s a testament to the great job Craig is doing, and to the close-knit group of players he has brought together.

As the season reaches its climax, I’d like to thank Craig, Ugo, Curtis and the players for their wonderful effort this year and the memories they have given us. I hope there will be some more memorable moments over the next few days.

I’d like to thank all the committee this season for their continued help and support behind the scenes, and to Ria and her team for the smooth running of the club. Being involved with the club is a big commitment of time and effort, and the club would be a poorer place with them. A note of thanks too to Howard, who is handing over the editorial of the programme next season after many years in the hot seat.

Finally, I’d like to thank all of you for your fantastic support this year. We’ve had some big attendances this season, our support is growing (both home and away), and it’s great to see our fans buying into the ethos of the club and wanting to help drive us forward.

We are very much a club on the up, with a lot to look forward to in the coming years.

Enjoy the next few matches, and help give the team one final push.

Enjoy the game.

COYA    Kind Regards,



Cheshunt Women FC 2 AFC Sudbury 2

Cheshunt Vs AFC Sudbury Women Sudbury Sunday 17th April Eastern Region Women’s Football League Division One South.  Alessandro Morreale reports from Theobalds Lane,

1st Half.

A win for the Amberettes would see them promoted to the Eastern Region Women’s Premier. The visitors started strongly and looked for an early goal in the first 5 minutes as the Amberettes started nervously. The best chance for Cheshunt came on 10 minutes when Victoria Wotton’s forward ball found Karesha Iron and her shot from a tight angle was palmed onto the post by the Sudbury goalkeeper and out for a corner. AFC Sudbury looked to counter at every opportunity to keep Cheshunt on the back foot.  A great last ditch tackle from Natasha Smits saved Cheshunt going 1 nil down when many in the ground feared a penalty , the referee awarded only a corner. The visitors were rewarded for their positive approach on 23 minutes, a long switch pass from right to left found a Sudbury player in a lot of space and her cross was initially managed  by Chinue Ayton but as she allowed the ball to drop it was bundled  into the net to give Sudbury 0-1 lead. A few moments later Cheshunt had the opportunity to make it 1-1 when good passing on the edge of the box released  Karesha  Iron with space for a shot, alas she hit the bar. On 37 minutes the visitors came close to doubling  their lead, when a clean shot hit the Cheshunt post. Half time  saw Cheshunt behind at the break. Cheshunt 0 Sudbury 1.

2nd Half

Cheshunt started well and looking to push Sudbury back from the off. The Amberettes were   rewarded on 50 minutes when a fantastic individual run on the left from Karesha Iton saw her weave into the box from wide and cut back onto her left foot to score past the Sudbury goalkeeper from close range at the near post to make it 1-1.

The big turning point of the match came on 57 minutes when a long free kick into the box from Cheshunt saw it bounce once in the box over the Sudbury goalkeeper and into the back of the net at the far post. After consulting his assistant, the goal was disallowed  for offside ( later clarified as a player in front of the goalkeeper, didn’t touch the ball , but was offside, so  interfering with play)  . The visitors took advantage of the let off and re-took the lead on 60 minutes with a through ball pass that  split the Cheshunt defence apart. The Sudbury player calmly shot past Chinue Ayton in the Cheshunt goal to make it 1-2 Sudbury.

With 20 minutes left to play Cheshunt were awarded a penalty after Jasmine was brought down in the penalty box. Karesha stepped up but a good save from the Sudbury goalkeeper with her feet kept it out.  Moments later Charlotte Grogan had a long range effort which was just off target. Cheshunt were really going for the equaliser and with Natasha Smith now playing up front, almost the last kick of the game saw Cheshunt win a corner. Charlotte Grogan’s  fantastic corner drifted under the Sudbury bar and saw Natasha Smits bravely put her head among the boots to guide it home from close range ending the match all square a Cheshunt 2 AFC Sudbury 2.

The Amberettes have completed their league programme and lead the table comfortably, only today’s opponents AFC Sudbury can catch them with their three games in hand, but only if they win them all.

Check out the action pictures from Scott Lear’s Gallery here





Club Shop

Show your support for the Amber Army by picking up your own official Cheshunt FC home and away strips and official club merchandise.

Looking for venues to hire in Hertfordshire & North London?

We’ve created a first-class corporate, leisure and sports venue to hire for all kinds of personal celebrations and company use. Birthday bashes, conferences, film productions, elite sports training and everything in between – you’ll find the right space for any event at Cheshunt Football Club.

Dont miss out on discounted match tickets, Events & more

Match & Season tickets, Events , Travel & more all available from our secure online ticket facility.

Cheshunt 2 Lewes 2. April 9th 2022

Cheshunt 2     Beckles Richards 24 (pen).    Camara 72

Lewes 2          Taylor 42, 45 (pen)

Attendance 325
Entertainment 4/5
Star Man. Mo Camara   Cheshunt.

Two teams going for the win to secure a play off spot had to settle for a share of the points in a pulsating match that had a little of everything.  The visitors started well with some slick passing football and caught Cheshunt napping early on with two chances.  A succession of cheap free kicks kept Lewes on the front foot until Kenneth Yao picked up yellow for a late challenge on Mo Camara, from the free kick Cheshunt had their first corner and looked an aerial threat, Tom Carlse under pressure from the long throw pushed in the box & Reece Beckles Richards despatched the resultant penalty. The home side looked to be going to the break one up until Joe Taylor struck, his first muscling his way goal side to pass a shot across Edwards, then adding to his tally from the penalty spot after Adam Crowther pulled down the dangerous Deshane Dalling
The second half saw Cheshunt take the game to Lewes, Joe Re breaking the line and squaring to Kayne Diedrick Roberts who mis-kicked with the goal at his mercy. On the hour mark good passing on the left saw Beckles Richards put clear & Kenneth Yao took his second yellow and subsequent red pulling him down. The Ambers squandered numerous chances, and bought on top scorer Rowan Liburd, to partner Mo Camara up front, his influence paid dividends laying the ball back to Camara who struck a low left foot drive into the bottom left corner.

Lewes re organised with ten men and worked very hard to cover, Cheshunt had the ascendancy and the introduction of Nick Dib gave them a degree of control. Cheshunt forced corners & had chances in the last quarter to take all the points, but Rooks keeper Lewis Carey marshalled his defence well & with Folkestone also drawing 2-2 there is no change in the scramble for the last play off place this week.

Nicholas Dib

Nick Dib left South Melbourne in 2017 as a teenager to join FK Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic to test his football skills in Europe.

He was at Melbourne City for two and a half years, and then at South Melbourne before moving to the Czech Republic where he got a trial with the Under-18s, did really well and got a place in the squad

A centre midfielder or right back by trade, Dib said the standard of football in the Czech Republic is high and training intense. “The majority of the time it’s quick-paced, it’s hard, not too bad technically but mostly physically hard and fast,”

Dib grew up in Melbourne and spent his junior years with Melbourne Knights and Northcote City. He had two years with Melbourne City’s national youth league team, and did have a brief spell in England at the academy of Queens Park Rangers, before eventually venturing to the Czech Republic.  When the Coronavirus hit, football in the Czech Republic was shutdown and Dib returned to Australia,  with the world opening up again he has returned to test himself in Europe once again,  and we are pleased to see him sharing his talent with Cheshunt FC.



Firstly I’d like to welcome Steve, Luke and everyone who has travelled over from Stortford for todays game. I’d also like to congratulate them of securing a play off spot.

I’d also like to welcome our match officials and hope they enjoy the afternoon.

We’ve had quite a good week to leave our future in our own hands.

Last Saturday saw the usual end to end encounter with Lewes end all square at 2-2. It was probably a fair result although we had a great chance to win it at the end.

We then travelled to an in form Bognor side and put in a very professional performance to win quite comfortably 2-0.

Next up was a local derby at Haringey. Having been knocked out of the league cup by them and only managing a draw in the league it was nice to get a win. I felt it was very comfortable until Taylor got sent off. We had to change our shape which made the game much more open. Haringey caused us plenty of problems but we showed fantastic character to keep bouncing back, scoring at crucial times.

Today sees us with a real test. Stortford are unbeaten in 17 and haven’t conceded in an incredible 12 game run. We had a tough trophy game before going through but were well beaten at theirs a couple of weeks later.

This Wednesday we play in the Herts Senior Cup Final. I can’t say I’m overjoyed by the scheduling. Since I’ve been here we’ve always been the first to play our round games and making us play in this week of all is very poor. Also the venue! With no disrespect to Potters Bar you look at the finals at Norfolk (Norwich City) Suffolk (Ipswich Town) The Midlands (Aston Villa) Sussex (Brighton) Essex (Colchester) it’s a little underwhelming.

I’m sure today will produce a great atmosphere and an equally exciting encounter.


Enjoy the Match !



Bognor Regis Town 0 Cheshunt 2

Cheshunt visited Bognor Regis Town to play their game in hand, knowing a win would put them into 5th place , the final play off position.  The continued long term injuries & illness meant the Ambers looked to the squad again, knowing the quality was available to both cover & compete for a start in the remaining games, including the forthcoming cup final. 

Bognor Regis had escaped from Theobalds Lane with a one nil win earlier in the season, and the controversy around wrong sending offs and missing minutes. There would be no repeat tonight with Mr James Robinson in charge. 

The home side started brightly and passed the ball around on a well prepared grass surface that suited both teams. Low crosses from both sides had to be dealt with by the Ambers defence, and there were several sharp intakes of breath when a couple span all the way across the Ambers box, Bognor needed a fox in the box for these.  Cheshunt weathered the Bognor advances & saw Jamie Roberts test former Cheshunt keeper Amadou Tangara with a shot, then former Bognor player Kayne Diedrick Roberts showed his pace & skill to whip a cross in for Mo Camara, his full length diving header beating the keeper but alas also the far post by inches.  Camara then went just wide of the other post with a blistering shot on the turn as he ran across the Bognor back line looking for an opening. 

Top scorer Rowan Liburd tested Tangara with a shot from distance the keeper did well to deflect around the post, and towards the end of the half Joe re struck a wicked swerving shot that needed tipping over the bar as it dipped very late in its flight & nearly caught the keeper out. 

0-0 at half time , the Ambers with the better chances, but the home side not without a threat, Preston Edwards alert to everything they had to offer so far. 

The second half followed the pattern of the first initially, with both sides building up well and passing the ball forward and finding space. Then Cheshunt went up a gear, they played their passes faster, their clearance headers found Cheshunt players, and most importantly they gave Bognor no time on the ball to choose their pass, picking off passes in midfield and setting Diedrick Roberts and then Beckles Richards free to run at the Bognor defence. Jamie Roberts buzzed around the midfield area like an angry wasp, constantly on top of the home players before they could make a decision. Under pressure the Rocks started conceding corners, from a Nick Dib corner the run of Taylor Mackenzie caused panic in the defence and hacked clearances only made it as far as Rowan Liburd, swivelling around to be clear of any challenge he hit a low drive to beat the diving Tangara and open the scoring. 

Rowan scores the opener here

The Ambers doubled their lead when a Crowther clearance found Nick Dib, his cushioned header found Joe Re, who spotted Beckles Richards starting a run on the last man centrally, with the Bognor left back stranded in an advanced position, Re clipped a pass over the square line into the space, too controlled for keeper Tangara to stand any hope  of beating Beckles Richards to the ball, the keeper concentrated on his angles & set himself large, Beckles Richards took one touch to steer the ball towards the goal and with his second touch blasted the ball between Tangara & his near post when the keeper was possibly expecting the shot across him.  (For the record, the video showed Beckles Richards had timed the run perfectly and was onside when the ball was played) 

Check the goal out here

Beckles Richards needed one more goal to match the tally of Rowan Liburd, and thought he had it when he poked home a Diedrick Roberts cross, alas this time he had gone fractionally early and was just off side. 

Bognor’s Alfie Bridgeman kept the Ambers defence on their toes in the latter stages, but the Ambers have shown a quality this season of being able to maintain their intensity for a full ninety minutes, and a tired Bognor side were not able to match their visitors in the last quarter, leaving the Ambers to pick up the valuable three points they came for. 

Look Back In Amber Jim Tuite looks at Cheshunt's history in the Herts Senior Cup.


By Jim Tuite

On Wednesday 20th April, Cheshunt take on Hadley in the final of the Herts Senior Cup and try to shake off the biggest monkey on the Clubs back.

The Ambers have reached the final on nine separate occasions in their 75 year history and each time they have failed to lift the County’s premier trophy.

The first attempt was back in 1949 when lowly London League Cheshunt, in only their third season, came up against Athenian League Barnet and lost 1-3. A year later they repeated the feat and again lost to Barnet by the same scoreline.

Nearly twenty years would pass before Cheshunt reached that stage again, by which time they were also in the Athenian League. Wins over Hitchin and Hertford put them up against St Albans City, who narrowly edged out the Ambers 2-3 in the 1969 final.

The following season they took Isthmian League Hitchin Town into extra time before going down 0-1 in front of 1800 spectators at Rhodes Avenue.

In 1972 Cheshunt finally faced a side from their own league but on a luckless night, with Bill Moyes side hitting the woodwork three times, Boreham Wood sneaked a 2-0 victory. Legendary Manager John Drabwell steered Cheshunt to the final in 1974 but despite his great success in other competitions, the Senior Cup evaded his young side as they went down 1-2 to Bishop’s Stortford.

Over quarter of a century later, it would be Andy Leese’ turn. His Isthmian Second division winning side beat higher placed Bishop’s Stortford and Stevenage Borough on the way to the 2003 final but they didn’t perform against Berkhamsted Town and disappointingly lost 0-2.

In 2009, Caretaker Boss Glyn Mason had a great chance when up against Stevenage as they only fielded their Academy side but, despite taking an early lead, the Ambers went down 1-2. His successor Bob Dearie matched his feat in 2010 with a fine run beating Sawbridgeworth, Royston and Hemel Hempstead before crashing 0-4 to Bishop’s Stortford.

On all but one final, Cheshunt have faced opponents from a higher level. Wednesday however will be different as plucky giant-killers Hadley play two levels below them in the South Midland League. With promotion to the National League South now also a possibility, can Craig Edwards team make history and finally bring the Senior Cup back to Theobalds Lane?



Haringey Borough 2 Cheshunt 4

A cagey opening spell saw both sides test defences rather than goalkeepers, Alfie Bawling finding good positions ahead of the Cheshunt defence & Kayne Diedrick Roberts and Reece Beckles Richards seeing a lot of the ball & able to run at the home defence while Mo Camara kept their central defenders busy. The first major decision came on the quarter hour when Joe Re advanced clipping the ball ahead but stopped in his tracks by a high and late lunge from Stephanous Georgiou trying desperately to push the ball out. A red card followed and it wasn’t long before the Ambers took advantage. They released Beckles Richards down the right & his low cross was met at the near post by Mo Camara for the opener.

The team numbers were evened up when a poor pass back to Taylor Mackenzie saw the Ambers centre half caught on the ball by Georgios Aresti, as both players went down there was a question mark as to whether Aresti committed the first offence, but Mackenzie certainly committed the last, and central to the goal 35 yards out, referee Bolland saw fit to issue his second red card of the afternoon, forcing the Ambers into a reshuffle, sacrificing Diedrick Roberts to get Amadou Kassarate into the back four.

The Ambers went to the break 1-0 to the good, hoping to post an early score with the 1pm kick off and force Folkestone & Lewes into chasing their 3pm matches to keep up. Haringey created a temporary blip to the plan when David Olufemi tapped home the equaliser two minutes into the second half.  Amadou Kassarate restored the Cheshunt lead when a vicious Nick Dib corner swung inwards under the Haringey bar was punched by keeper Alfie Marigliani, alas straight up in the air, Kassarate leapt highest and had the momentum to head home with everyone following the ball into the net. (Assistant Physio Luke claiming an unlikely assist as Amadou was wearing his boots at the time! )

The goal of the afternoon came when Cheshunt stretched Haringey down their right side with McLean and Beckles Richards combining well, Camara started his run towards the box taking defenders with him , then checked 20 yards out, the cut back to him was curled low into the opposite corner for his second and Cheshunt’s third.  Haringey did not roll over and some sloppy passing from Cheshunt and some hard work closing down with ten men saw Cheshunt start to defend deep, Haringey forced several corners and bought good saves from Preston Edwards to keep Cheshunt’s advantage.  With five minutes to go Haringey set up a nervous finish when Cheshunt failed to clear effectively and short passes found substitute Hassan Nalbant on the penalty spot with an opening to stroke home their second.  As Haringey pressed for an equaliser Cheshunt regained some composure running the clock down in the corners where possible, but always with the threat of Zack Newton’s pace to chase down out balls, in the event the game was taken away from Haringey in additional time when a sublime touch from Mo Camara  released Jamie Reynolds on half way, with Haringey’s defence pushed high in support of their forwards he ran the length of their half with the ball at his feet then calmly slotted past Marigliani’s right hand as the keeper advanced.

Three points gained against an always dangerous derby opponent, the Ambers retire to the ice baths to prepare for Bishop’s Stortford on Monday with one eye on results elsewhere.

Today the Amber Scribe reviews progress at Cheshunt FC and declares, It's Never Over Til it's Over

A few seasons back, before the world went mad and locked down, Cheshunt had a season finale that saw us promoted from the play offs at Bracknell, this after the Cheshunt team had put on a superb performance that will linger with those who witnessed it for a very long time. There were well over 200 Cheshunt fans who partied hard that day in Bracknell and now they’re ready to go again.

This season we go into the run-in looking to secure a play-off place and to achieve cup glory in the Herts Senior Cup. I suppose for some breed of football fan this would seem unimportant, but for a Cheshunt supporter this is not only a time of excitement, its a time to reflect just how the club is progressing.

We aren’t hanging out the bunting yet and the open top bus parade is on ice, but if you ask the older fans just how good this is then you’ll get an answer that reflects how bad things have been in the not so distant past, that explains why seasons like this are so important.

Talk with the likes of Jim Tuite, Paul Fletcher, George Norman or Kevin Moore and you’ll hear tales of near disaster in terms of the clubs perilous position. A time when the bills weren’t paid, a time when players weren’t paid , a time where the heating in the bar came from industrial burners. It just couldn’t look more different to the club as it stands today.

I’ve been a regular up at Theobalds Lane for over six years now, a relative apprentice in comparison to the chaps mentioned earlier; that said I do remember seasons where the excitement was about avoiding relegation rather winning promotion .

So be positive and be vibrant, and do bang the bells of possibility loudly but it’s not over till it’s over and for some strange reason in these cases a fat lady has to sing to announce success has been achieved….so listen out for that sound.

Craig has built a team here that really believes they can be successful, they have the stuff that success is made of and they have developed a team atmosphere that’s palpable. You can see their togetherness as a group and they don’t crumble in defeat just as they don’t exaggerate a victory Every successful team must focus on the next game and play as if it’s the only one that matters; because it is, and it’s the only recipe for success that works. I get the feeling that Craig has put these lads head in the clouds but also keeps their feet firmly on the floor.

It’s a club that’s progressing now in a way that ten years ago would have been unthinkable. Whereas Cheshunt FC was probably then identified as the club with problems, with a ground that was becoming ramshackle and whose support base was dwindling and becoming disassociated, now we have the opposite. A ground that holds its own with most others, a club set up with top class facilities including a 3G surface that’s in a class of its own, and a fan base that seems to increase with every game. These are exciting times at Cheshunt Football Club and others know there’s a club here starting to look very ready for a brighter future.

The committee are forward thinking, the ideas are about progress, and the determination is to do things better and create a Cheshunt way that’s aimed at quality in all areas and this has become the club mantra at every level.

So as you cheer the boys on in these final games remember that even without victory we will be stronger next season and the season after. That said it would of course be nicer to achieve our progress with success in the key matches remaining.


Tony Madden

Cheshunt FC Partner with The Rotary ShoeBox Scheme

Cheshunt FC are operating as a hub, to collect and return shoeboxes filled with every day essentials desperately needed by the thousands of refugees fleeing war in Ukraine. We have 400 boxes in circulation with 200 already returned , ready to be despatched, thank you to everyone for their support & generosity, let's get all 400 boxes out to Eastern Europe, making a difference.

Bishop's Stortford FC History

The club was formed on Thursday 28th January 1874 at the Chequers Hotel in the town. Just over two weeks later the first match was played with the East of England Non Conformist Grammar School (now Bishop’s Stortford College) being defeated 2-1, with goals coming from Rev. R J Tomes. In that first season 15 games were played, three of which were won, with seven others drawn. The club colours at that time were vivid crimson and olive green. After several years of playing just friendly matches the club became one of the founder members of the Hertfordshire Football Association in 1885 and played in the first ever County Senior Cup competition that same season, beating Aspley 2-1 away from home in their first match.
The club progressed into league football in the 1890s by joining a succession of locally based competitions. The highlights between 1889 and 1929 were the “double” seasons in 1912-13, when both the Saffron Walden & District League and the Stansted & District League titles were secured, and 1919-20, when the East Herts League and the Stansted & District League were won.

The club was accepted into the FA Cup for the first time in the 1924-25 season and then it was in 1929 that the next milestone was reached when the club was accepted into Division Two (East) of the Spartan League. A good start was made with the Ministry of Health being well beaten 5-0. Three years later, at the end of the 1931-32 season, the Division Two (East) championship was won and with it promotion to Division One of the Spartan League. A year later Stortford won the Herts Senior Cup for the first time.

During the Second World War the club played mainly friendly matches against locally based service units. The 1945-46 season saw Stortford compete again in the Spartan League, where they stayed until the formation of the Delphian League in 1951.

The 1950s saw steady progress in the club’s fortunes with the Delphian League title being won in season 1954-55. Until this time progress in the FA Amateur Cup had been nothing but a dream but in season 1962-63 Stortford found themselves only two games away from Wembley.
In a tense quarter-final, in front of 9,000 people, Stortford were defeated 1-0 by the Isthmian League champions Wimbledon at Plough Lane and Wimbledon went on to win the cup. The mid 1960s turned out to be a very exciting period for the club as in the space of three years, the Bishops having by now joined the expanded Athenian League, were runners-up in Division Two, champions of Division One and runners-up in the Premier Division.

The Premier Division title was eventually captured in the 1969-70 season. Then, a long-term ambition was realised when an application to join the Isthmian League was accepted for the 1971-72 season. The early 1970s was also another very successful period in the club’s history, third place in the League was achieved in season 1973-74, Stortford’s best ever position, whilst six cup final victories were achieved in the space of four seasons. The undoubted pinnacle of these highlights came fittingly in the club’s centenary season when the FA Amateur Cup was won at Wembley Stadium by beating Ilford 4-1 in front of over 30,000 spectators. This in fact was the last FA Amateur Cup final ever held. Scorers for Stortford were Dave Lawrence, Peter Leakey, Dennis Murphy and lastly Martin Smith from the penalty spot.

The rest of the decade was something of an anti-climax, with the club being relegated to Division One, but there was another huge upturn in the club’s fortunes as the 1980-81 season was another memorable one in the Bishop’s history. The club won the Isthmian League Division 1 title and the “double” came in May 1981 in the final of the FA Trophy when Terry Sullivan scored a late goal to leave lsthmian League Premier Division side Sutton United defeated 1-0 This victory came after a record breaking run of 13 games that had begun in the preliminary round in the September of the previous year. In achieving this success, Stortford became the first ever club to capture both the FA Amateur Cup and the FA Trophy.

After reaching the quarter final of the FA Trophy again in 1982 and setting the record for consecutive unbeaten matches in that competition (17), Blues turned their attention to the FA Cup. Though they had reached the competition proper fivee times before, it was in the 1982-83 season that they really made an impact. After disposing of local rivals Harlow Town, third division Reading were beaten at Elm Park in the first round and then Slough Town were defeated in the second round. The third round saw the Bishops drawn away at Middlesbrough, then managed by Malcolm Allison. In the tie at Teesside, Stortford fought back from a two goal half-time deficit to earn a well merited replay thanks to two Richie Bradford goals. The following Tuesday over 6,000 people packed into the Rhodes Avenue ground for the replay. Lyndon Lynch gave Stortford the lead on the stroke of half-time but Middlesbrough’s superior fitness told in the end and they fought back and eventually won through with two late goals. Stortford again faced League opposition in 1985 going out after a replay to Colchester United.

Towards the end of the 1980s, two former favourite players of the Rhodes Avenue crowds returned as Managers. Firstly, former England international John Radford, who had played in the FA Trophy winning side, became manager in 1987. He took the club to success in the Herts Senior Cup in his first season and continued the following season, 1988-89, by winning the AC Delco Cup (Isthmian League Cup). Apart from the cup run in, he also took the team on a promotion challenge, which only faltered in the closing weeks and the club finished seventh in the table. Terry Moore, a record holder in his days as Stortford’s goalkeeper when he collected both FA Amateur and FA Trophy cup winners’ medals – the only player to do so for the same club, then became manager and he led the Blues to victories in the Premier Inter-League (Clubcall) Cup and Isthmian League Full Members (Loctite) Cup.

In more recent times, the club was relegated to Division 1 at the conclusion of the 1991-92 term, but with ex-Arsenal star John Radford now as the Blues manager Stortford regained Premiership status by winning the Division One championship in season 1993-94. Life back in the Premier Division was not easy, with a best position of 12th being achieved in season 1995-96. Off the field the club suffered delays moving to its new ground at Dunmow Road having left the Rhodes Avenue ground at the end of 1997, which they had been at since 1919.
After 18 months during which home league matches were played at Boreham Wood, St. Albans City, Hitchin Town, Dagenham & Redbridge and Ware, the club were once again relegated to Division One at the end of the 1998/99 season. But a new and eagerly awaited chapter in the club’s history began on Saturday 17th July 1999 when the new Woodside Park Stadium finally opened with a pre-season friendly against Norwich City. The match ended in a 2-2 draw in front of a 918 crowd.

On Friday 3rd September a crowd of 2,444 saw the official opening of the stadium performed by George Graham followed by a match against a strong Tottenham Hotspur side including Hans Segers, David Ginola, Chris Armstrong, Ruel Fox, Jose Dominguez, Mauricio Tarico, Steffen Freund, Stephen Clemence and Justin Edinburgh. Blues made the record books on Thursday 30th December 1999 when they won 5-3 at Chertsey in a Ryman League match, which was the last competitive match played in England in the 20th Century.

The club, supporters and team finally settled in at Woodside Park but only after some serious problems with the pitch had seen many postponed games and fixture headaches in those first two seasons. In the 2000/2001 campaign, Blues came with a late challenge after making wholesale squad changes at Christmas and narrowly missed out on a promotion place. However, by season 2001/2 the playing surface was immaculate and hosting Ryman and England representative games along with many local and junior league cup finals and Blues themselves were faring better in the League. Promotion back to the Ryman Premier after a three years absence was secured on the 6th April 2002 with a 2-0 home win against Walton & Hersham.

The 2002/3 campaign saw Blues back in the Premier Division and the near disaster of the Rhodes Avenue sale and ground sharing were fading in the memory. On Tuesday 14th January 2003, Martin Hayes team travelled to Tring in the semi-final of the Herts Charity Cup and recorded the club’s best ever win in a competitive match away from home with a 9-1 victory. Blues fortune in that cup continued as Hemel Hempstead Town were defeated 3-1 in the May final and Captain Rob French lifted Blues first silverware for six years. Back in February, the club had sold star striker Vinnie John to Hornchurch FC for a club record fee.

2003/04 saw the restructure of the football pyramid with Blues among the founder members of Conference South thanks to an 11th placed finish and manager Martin Hayes led them to first round proper of the FA Cup where 600 Stortford fans saw them go down 6-0 at Mansfield Town. In April, exactly 30 years to the day that Blues won the last ever Amateur Cup Final at Wembley Stadium, Stortford retained the Herts Charity Cup by defeating Cheshunt 4-1 to match that Wembley scoreline. The last game of the season saw tearful scenes as the fans said goodbye to midfield supremo, inveterate goal scorer and triple winner of the player of the season trophy, Glen Southam. His £20,000 fee to Dagenham & Redbridge set a new club record.

A brave new world opened for Blues in August 2004 as they kicked off their Conference South campaign with a 2-1 win at home to Eastbourne Borough. It was a journey into the unknown with league trips as far afield as Weymouth and Newport but Blues held their own in the autumn with a position on the fringe of the play offs before finishing tenth.

By contrast the 2005-06 season was a disappointment and yet it ended with a trophy as the Herts Senior Cup was won for the first time in 20 years with a 1-0 win over Stevenage and the season was rounded off with a record Woodside Park league crowd of 1,016 as champions elect Weymouth visited. The Blues’ leading goal scorer at this time was Steve Morison who went on to play in the Premiership for Norwich City.

In 2006-07 the club flirted with promotion to the National Conference, the top echelon of non-league football. A top-six league finish led to a play-off semi final against Salisbury City. The home leg, played in front of 1049 spectators ended in a 1-1 draw with Greg Pearson scoring for Stortford. Back at Salisbury, the score was again 1-1 after 90 minutes. But two extra time goals saw Salisbury march to the final and the Conference. The FA Cup first round was reached, but Blues lost 5-3 againts Kings Lynn.

The 2008-2009 season saw Martin Hayes record 500 games and 10 years in the job. However, a shoestring budget and poor results led to his surprise dismissal and the promotion of reserve team manager, Mark Simpson assisted by Gordon Boateng. The new management team rung the changes and Stortford rallied to move from 20th in the league table to finish 9th.
Simpson remained at the helm until February 2011 during which time, in season 2009/10, Stortford again won the County Senior Cup. Simpson was replaced by ex-England and Spurs goalkeeper Ian Walker. A late three game winning run saw Walker save Blues from the drop and his side lifted the Herts Charity Cup with victory against Cheshunt. But the club where hit by a bombshell at the Conference AGM in early June when they were placed in the northern section following the demise of Rushden & Diamonds. Despite the signing of future Premier League star Dwight Gayle and on-loan Spurs keeper Jordan Archer, Blues struggled in their new surroundings and with the team in the relegation zone Walker departed early in December 2011 following a 5-0 FA Trophy at Isthmian League side Carshalton Athletic.

Under former Braintree boss Rod Stringer Blues had an excellent finish to the season, finishing tenth and winning both the Senior Charity Cups. The 2012/2013 season saw Blues drop to 17th as recruitment of players able to travel to the likes of Manchester and Workington on Tuesday evenings became an issue, but Stringers’s side did win their way through to the first round proper of the FA Cup before going out to Hastings United.

A return to Conference South saw a fine first half to the 2013/2014 campaign contending for a “play-off” place and reaching the 1st Round of the FA Cup once again. They were handed a tie at home to Northampton Town that was televised live on ITV and attracted a record crowd of 2,548. Form orm dipped in the New Year however when faced with playing 22 games in final 50 days of the season and they finished below halfway in the League table. A small consolation was that the Herts Charity Cup was won once again.

The 2014/2015 campaign was not a great one for the Blues but after some inconsistent form up until the last few months of the season they improved to steer clear of the relegation zone to ensure another year as a member of the Vanarama National South.

Stringer resigned after four and a half seasons at the end of the 2015/16 campaign to take charge of Chelmsford City. That season saw the Blues again finish around midway in the League table and win the Herts Charity Cup. Striker Elliott Buchanan was the top goalscorer in the league and won the Vanarama Conference “Golden Boot” award.

The 2016/17 season was a disaster for the club and probably the worst in the history finishing in the second-from-bottom place to be relegated to the Evo Stik Southern League after 13 seasons in the Conference set-up. Stortford had two management teams running affairs before ex Spurs, Swindon, Rotherham United, Reading and Colchester United midfielder Kevin Watson was appointed manager late in the season. Stortford did reach the Senior Cup final but lost 2-1 to Hitchin Town.

A first season in the Southern League saw Watson’s young side finish 18th in the 24 team league. A switch back to the Isthmian League saw former Witham Town boss Adam Flint step into the manager’s shoes but he failed to win a game and was replaced in mid-September by club owner Steve Smith and former Norwich City striker Jamie Cureton. The pair took the club to seventh th place in the table, just missing out on the play-offs as well as reaching the league cup semi-final.

Cureton celebrated the achievement of playing 1000 competitive games in the 3-2 win against Brightlingsea Regent, netting twice on the way to finishing as leading scorer in the Isthmian Premier, and he remains joint boss with Smith as The Blues head into the 2019/20 season.


Meet the Bishop's Stortford FC Players



Steve became First Team Manager on the resignation of Adam Flint in September 2018. He has had previous experience in charge with Stortford a couple of seasons ago and has had spells with Heybridge Swifts and Chelmsford City.

LUKE CALLANDER – Assistant Manager

A very experienced striker, Luke joined Stortford for a second spell in early November 2018 before retiring as a player in the 2019-20 season and joining Steve Smith’s coaching team. He had previously played for the Blues in the 2016-17 season, making his debut in a 2-0 defeat at Bath City in January 2017 and going on to make 18 appearances and netting four goals by the end of that season. He won the Ryman North League Championship with AFC Sudbury in 2015-16, before returning to Heybridge Swifts in May 2017, becoming the club’s record goalscorer with 117 goals in just over 200 matches.

JAMES BAKER – Player/First Team Coach

Experienced midfielder who is equally comfortable in defence. Joined the Blues in early 2020 from Needham Market having previously featured for the likes of Braintree Town, Chelmsford City, Eastleigh, Welling United and AFC Sudbury. Since last season, he has featured less on the pitch and more in the dugout, and James will be the Blues Academy First Team Coach as well this campaign.

MIKE WILLIAMS – Physiotherapist/Strength & Conditioning Coach

Mike replaced the Club’s long term Physio Colin Taylor following his retirement. The former fitness coach at West Ham United and Colchester United now manages a gym in the town and will be working with the Blues Academy too.


RYAN CHARLES – Midfielder

Ryan has previously scored 16 goals in 50 Blues appearances. The fan-favourite, nicknamed ‘Spider’, played at Wembley at the end of last season as Concord Rangers were runners-up in the delayed 2019-20 FA Trophy final.


Anthony returned to the club this summer for a second spell, having made 116 appearances with the Blues between 2013 and 2016, before joining up again with Rod Stringer at Chelmsford City, spending five years at the Clarets before his return.


Archie played at Charlton Athletic in their youth teams at U18, U21 and U23 level, and represented England at U16 and U17. Since then he has played for Bognor Regis Town, Eastbourne Borough and Hornchurch, before signing for the Blues in the summer. He scored his first Blues goal in a 1-4 away win at Brightlingsea Regent in September

DARREN FOXLEY – Midfielder

Darren started his career with Soham Town Rangers and Cambridge City before his first spell with the Blues in the 2017-18 season. He left for Hungerford, and subsequently represented St Albans City and East Thurrock United before returning to the Blues in the summer of 2020. He scored the first goal in a 2-0 over his former club St Albans in front of the BT Sport cameras in the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round in October 2020, and netted twice in the First Round tie at Brackley Town, which ended in a penalty shootout defeat following a 3-3 draw. He left for Billericay Town in the summer before returning initially on a one month loan.

JACK GIDDENS – Goalkeeper

Jack won the Isthmian League Premier Division with Billericay Town, having also played for St Neots Town, Aveley and Tilbury. His most recent club was East Thurrock United, where he won the Supporters’ Player of the Season in 2018-19.

JONNY GILES – Midfielder

A physics graduate from Durham University, Jonny has previously played in League Two with Oxford United, as well as making nearly 100 appearances for Chelmsford City. A versatile attacking midfielder, he is capable of operating on either wing as well as a number 10.

MARK HAINES – Defender

Mark arrived for his second spell on loan from Chelmsford City with a gap of almost seven years from his first spell having been on a month’s loan from the Clarets in early 2012 when the Blues were in the Conference League North. Having played for West Ham United and Southend United youth teams, he joined Grays Athletic and then Chelmsford City – with whom he was named Young Player of the Season in 2009-10. He is the Essex side’s longest serving player with almost 300 first team appearances.


Chris signed on dual registration terms with Halstead Town of the Thurlow Nunn League First Division South in October 2020. His impressive goalscoring form of eight goals in 11 games this season earnt him a move to the Blues – three tiers higher than Halstead. The stats for his full career with the Humbugs makes for impressive reading too, 57 goals in 103 games, and he scored the club’s fastest hat-trick with three goals in nine minutes a 5-2 win against Haverhill Borough in October.


Club captain Ryan joined Stortford in early November 2018 making his debut in a 1-0 home victory over AFC Hornchurch. His first club was AFC Sudbury, who he played for from the age of 16 and racked up over 300 appearances, and was in the side that won the Division One North Championship in 2015-16 to gain promotion to the Ryman Premier League, he was also voted into the league’s Team of the Season. He transferred to Heybridge Swifts at the start of the 2017-18 season, making it to the First Round of the FA Cup, before losing to Exeter City. He was the Manager’s Player of the Season as well as the Player’s Player of the season. He notched his first Blues’ goal when scoring the only goal in the 2018 Boxing Day win over Harlow Town.

ARCHIE JONES – Midfielder

Promising young central midfielder who initially joined on a six-month loan from Peterborough United in August 2020. He appeared for the Posh in 2019-20 in an EFL Trophy tie against Cambridge United. He scored two Blues goals in the curtailed 2020-21 campaign, both in the FA Trophy, the first was a superb curling effort in the win against Brentwood.

BEN MARLOW – Midfielder

A graduate of the West Ham United Academy, Ben played for the Hammers from the age of 8 to 23. He represented the Blues seven times in the 2015-16 season before joining East Thurrock United, where he made 86 appearances and scored 11 goals.


Frankie played for the Blues in two seasons from October 2014 to July 2016 before joining Chelmsford City. He scored 17 goals in 37 appearances for East Thurrock United in 2019-20, and eight in 13 for the Blues last season, our top goalscorer in the curtailed campaign, with two braces and a hat-trick.


Johnville began his career at Leyton Orient before leaving for Stoke City at 15 years old. He spent four years at The Potters before joining AFC Wimbledon in League Two. Comfortable in both defence & midfield, he spent six months at Maldon & Tiptree and he made his Stortford debut in August 2018, scoring his first Blues goal in a 4-3 defeat at home to Tonbridge Angels in January 2019. He rejoined the Blues earlier this season from Braintree Town.

SAM ROBBINS – Defender

Sam began his career at Wingate & Finchley before moving on to Waltham Abbey, where he made over 100 appearances. He signed for the Blues from the Abbotts in the summer of 2018, making his debut in a Herts County Charity Cup tie against Hitchin Town, and scored his first goal for the club in a 2-1 win at Worthing in November 2018. He won the Manager’s Player of the Season and the Players’ Player of the Season for 2018-19.

JACK THOMAS – Midfielder

Jack spent two seasons with the Blues Academy set-up and gained valuable experience of senior football with Sawbridgeworth Town in the Essex Senior League in the 2016-17 season. He made his Blues first team debut in a Hertfordshire Charity Cup Semi-Final tie against Hitchin Town in September 2017 and has been a key part of the Blues’ midfield since then. He won the Young Player of the Year award for 2018-19.


Today's Teams Selected From:

171206-AMBER-CFC-LOGO.png   Cheshunt FC                                                        

Manager Craig Edwards

Preston Edwards.    George Marsh

Ola Williams.            Chevron Maclean

Adam Crowther       Rowan Liburd

Taylor McKenzie      Mo Camara

Joe Re                       Taylor Miles.

Jamie Reynolds        Reece Beckles Richards

Zac Newton              Enock Ekongo

Sam Alderson           Kayne Diedrick Roberts

Amadou Kassarate. Daniel Ojo

Nicholas Dib             Jerry Puemo

Ebz Addoe Kuffour



Bishop’s Stortford FC

Manager: Steven Smith

Jack Giddens.   Archie Jones

Sam Robbins.    Ryan Henshaw

Mark Haines.     Anthony Church

Ben Marlow.      Ryan Charles

Frankie Merrifield    Chris Harris

Jonathan Giles.       Johnville Renee

Archie Edwards       Darren Foxley

Billy Cracknell         Oliver Peters

Jack Thomas          Jason Banton


Todays Officials:

Mr Lawrence Torz Brown

Mr  Tolga Inanc   Mr. Ross Murphy

The starting eleven & substitutes for both sides on the day will be available on match day just before kick off via football web pages here


Matt Badcock, Editor in Chief writes for the Non League Paper.

NORTHERN PREMIER League chairman Mark Harris has a good way of explaining the value of volunteers.

If you offer a club £10,000 or ten volunteers, he poses, then the majority will take the volunteers without a second thought. Volunteers are so vital.

They are the heartbeat that keep Non-League clubs going. Turn up at a random Non-League ground during the week, and the chances are pretty high someone will be there, be it cutting the grass, adding a lick of paint to the fences – all done for the love of the game and their club.

We’ve seen the value of volunteers through the covid pandemic. The fact so many clubs were able to withstand the gates being shut for so long is, in the majority of cases, down to the selfless work of so many.

It’s a reminder that Non-League clubs will only thrive if they are able to find people to give up some of their spare time.

People probably underestimate how they can help. It’s not only about weeding the terraces, there are so many different skills that are invaluable to clubs and transfer across from the world business, social media or many other different walks of life. And sometimes even just distributing a few fliers advertising games around the town can make a big difference.

We’re really excited to have the return of the annual National Game Awards this season. If you’ve grabbed a copy of the paper recently, you would have seen all about it.

Among the individual and team awards for achievements on the pitch, there is a very special gong that never fails to raise a smile.

Our title sponsors Buildbase are also putting their name to this year’s Unsung Hero award.

Every club has that special person who goes above and beyond. Not that they do it for the pats on the back, but it’s nice to give them some recognition.

We need your help to make sure this year’s Unsung Hero ends up in the most deserving hands.

If you know of someone you think should be in the running, then please drop us a line.

We’d love to hear all about the work they do at your club – and how valuable they are. Drop us a line to

Previous Meetings Cheshunt v Bishop's Stortford

Past meetings with Bishop’s Stortford

1946-1947 Herts Senior Cup A 4-2 Gleave 2,Broadway,Freeman.
1947-1948 Amateur Cup H 1-1 Ault.
Replay A 1500 1-4 Ainsworth.
Herts Senior Cup A 2-1 Ault 2.
1949-1950 Herts Senior Cup A 2800 2-1 Ferguson 2.
1951-1952 Delphian League H 4-2 Chambers 2,Cowie,Whymark.
A 1500 1-3 Groves.
1952-1953 Delphian League H 3-3 Challis 2,Gacki.
A 1-2 Slee.
Herts Charity Shield A 4-2 Spiller 2,Sicheri,Whymark.
1953-1954 Delphian League H 2-2 Devlin,Scott.
A 3-2 Collins,Spiller,og.
Amateur Cup H 3-2 Richardson,Sparks,Spiller.
Herts Senior Cup A 4-5 Devlin,Jones,Scott,Sparks.
Herts Charity Shield H 3-0 Scott,Richardson,Walden.
1954-1955 Delphian League H 1-2 Francis.
A 1-3 Dennis.
Herts Charity Shield A 1-4 Slee.
1955-1956 Amateur Cup A 1-5 Attridge.
1958-1959 FA Cup H 3-2 Meadows,Taylor,White.
1960-1961 FA Cup H 0-2
1963-1964 Herts Senior Cup A 0-2
1964-1965 Athenian Div 2 H 350 0-0
A 1-3 Barnard.
Athenian Div 2 Cup H 450 0-3
1966-1967 Herts Charity Cup H 5-1 Sedgwick 2,Lock,Sargent,Simpson.
1967-1968 Herts Senior Cup H 1-3 Horgan.
Herts Charity Cup H 2-1 Gigg,Sedgwick.
1968-1969 Athenian League H 1-1 Davidson.
A 0-2
1969-1970 Athenian League H 0-0
A 0-2
Herts Senior Cup H 2-0 Davidson 2.
1970-1971 Athenian League H 4-1 Cruse,Gigg,Murphy,Sedgwick.
A 2-4 Gigg,Ratty.
FA Cup A 1100 2-5 Gigg,Marjoram.
1971-1972 Herts Senior Cup A 3-1 Twigg 2,Pudney.
London Senior Cup H 1-4 Picking.
1972-1973 Herts Senior Cup H 0-1
1973-1974 Herts Senior Cup N 2100 1-2 Og.
1975-1976 East Anglian Cup A 3-1 Kiff,Reeves,Smith.
1976-1977 Herts Senior Cup A 1-2 Kiff.
Herts Charity Cup H 3-2 Bidwell,Poole,Reeves.
1979-1980 Isthmian League Cup H 0-3
1983-1984 Isthmian League Cup A 0-0
Replay H 0-5
2000-2001 Herts Charity Cup H 2-0 Gregorio 2.
2002-2003 Herts Senior Cup H 1-0 Jones.
2003-2004 Herts Charity Cup A 302 1-4 Archer.
2004-2005 Herts Senior Cup A 123 2-0 Highton,Ledger.
Herts Charity Cup H 90 2-2 Black,Cox.              (Lost pens)
2009-2010 Herts Senior Cup N 0-4
2010-2011 Herts Senior Cup H 2-1 Ashie, McDonald. 
Herts Charity Cup N 2-2 Antoniades, Omokoru.  (lost pens)
2012-2013 Herts Senior Cup A 1-3 Burke
2013-2014 Herts Senior Cup A 121 0-2
2016-2017 Herts Charity Cup A 130 2-1 Hallett, Bruno
2017-2018 Herts Charity Cup A 124 1-2 Roberts
2020-2021 Isthmian Premier A 421 0-2
2021-2022 FA Trophy H 387 0-0                (win 4-3 on penalties)
2021-2022 Isthmian Premier A 606 1-3 Miles
Played Won Drew Lost For Against
Home 28 12 8 8 46 44
Away 30 9 1 20 45 73
Neutral 3 0 1 2 3 9
Total 61 21 10 30 94 126

Care to Predict the Run In?

So looking at the table, Worthing are ten points clear and declared Champions with 3 games to spare and only two now to go, keep up to speed with the links to Football Web Pages on the following pages.

The play off places look set to be contested by the teams currently in 2nd to 7th place. Including todays combatants Bishops Stortford 2nd & Cheshunt 5th.

The play offs are contested by the teams in 2nd to 5th place with the draw determined by position, 2nd and 3rd get the home draw, 2nd play 5th and 3rd play 4th, in the play off ‘final’ the team that finished highest in the original table has the home draw.  Some of the teams in the running including Cheshunt have to play each other, ie today. In addition  Bognor Regis Town & Cray Wanderers have to play three of these six teams in their four match run in, so they too may be a big influence on the final order.

So here are the six teams and their run in fixtures, would you care to predict how things may unfold in the next few weeks?  Look out for the Ambers having a game in hand, but they also have the Herts Senior Cup Final April 20th, will six games in two weeks be too many, or will they get into a winning groove……….

Bishop’s Stortford 84 points

Kingstonian away Won 2-0

Potters Bar Tn home Won.3-0

18-04  Cheshunt away

23-04  Cray Wanderers home

Enfield Town 78 points

Brightlingsea Regent away Lost 2-1

Cray Wanderers home Drew 3-3

18-04 Potters Bar away

23-04 Bognor Regis Tn home


Hornchurch 81 points

Cray Wanderers away Won 5-0

Brightlingsea Regent home Won 3-0

18-04 Bowers & Pitsea away

23-04 Wingate & Finchley home

Lewes 69 points

Cheshunt away Draw 2-2

Kingstonian home Draw 3-3

18-04    Bognor Regis Town Away

23-04   Bowers & Pitsea Home

Folkestone Invicta 71 points

Corinthian Casuals home Draw 1-1

Leatherhead away. Win 1-0

18-04.  Margate Home

23-04  Haringey Borough Away

Cheshunt 72 points

Lewes home   Draw 2-2

Bognor Regis Tn away. Win 2-0

Haringey Borough away Win 4-2

18-04.  Bishops Stortford Home

23-04. Corinthian Casuals Away



Cheshunt Youth Update. u16 Eastern Junior Alliance Team

The Cheshunt Youth u16 EJA side have emulated the senior team by reaching the final of the Herts FA County Cup Final, to be played on May 1st with a 2pm kick off versus local rivals Ware FC , the Cheshunt team have beaten Sawbridgeworth, Everitt Rovers, Hemel Hempstead Town and Harpenden Colts on their route to the final without conceding a single goal, scoring nineteen goals at the business end of the pitch.

The team are currently top of their league, two points clear with three matches left to play, so are working hard in training with the hope of managing to do the ‘double’ .

Isthmian League Live Score VidiPrinter

Keep stay up to date with all the action across the Isthmian League on match day, see the goals, scorers, cards and substitutions as they happen.

Isthmian Premier League

Todays Pitching In Isthmian Premier League Fixtures.

Isthmian League Tables

The latest league tables updated during matches

Our Local Non League You Tube Channel.

Our Local Non League is a You Tube channel hosted by David Square of HTFC-TV posting pre & post match interviews and match highlights from local teams including Cheshunt, Enfield Town, FC Romania, Ware & Hertford Town.

LW Developments

Club Main Sponsor

J&R Construction Group

Main Shirt Sponsor

CBC Insurance

Shirt Sponsor

Why Sponsor Us?

We can work with you to increase your company profile, support your CSR remit, or advertise your services to our audiences both physically and digitally. Find out about our wide range of affordable sponsorship opportunities for your business.

A Huge Thank You to all of our sponsors

View the club's sponsors and partners here & link to their websites

Isthmian League Sponsors

Click here to visit the Isthmian League Sponsors below via the Isthmian League site

Go Find Those Old Football Boots !

Charity Boots is a UK based charity that collects unwanted football boots & donates them to children across the world who cannot afford a pair.

Football is the most popular sport worldwide, and there are so many children who do not have the same opportunities to safely play the game that they are so passionate about.

In the UK, children are often buying new pairs of football boots every season, as they so quickly outgrow their old pairs. This means that their used football boots are often left in near-perfect condition.

Our goal is to give these football boots a second chance and to bring joy to children who don’t have the same opportunity.

Cheshunt FC teams are collecting boots for this very worthwhile charity, please check your cupboards for any boots you may be able to bring along to the club and donate.

Click on the picture below to learn more about Charity Boots, how your boots will be distributed and where in the world they might next be scoring their next hat trick!


Club Officials

The Who's Who of the people involved in the running of Cheshunt Football Club

League Respect Statement

“The Isthmian Football League strongly supports the FA statement that there should be a zero-tolerance approach against racism and all forms of discrimination. Accordingly, any form of discriminatory abuse whether it by reason of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, sex and sexual orientation or any other form of abuse will be reported to The Football Association for action by that Association.” (The FA 0800 085 0508 / Kick it Out 020 7253 0162).The Isthmian League and all Member Clubs in the League are committed to promoting equality by treating people fairly and with respect, by recognising that inequalities may exist, by taking steps to address them and providing access and opportunities for all members of the community.”